Livestock producers and feed manufacturers understand how critical a properly balanced ration is to maximize livestock’s health and efficiency. In terms of dairy cattle, if the proper nutrients aren’t being supplied milk production can definitely be hindered. To be highly productive and most efficient, a dairy cow needs lysine and methionine during her lactation cycle. Blood meal has been a popular source of amino acids like lysine for many years now. However, the problem that arises with blood meal, both ring and flash dried, is that it’s extremely inconsistent in digestibility. Lactation performance can be very irregular if nutritional needs of lysine, methionine, and other essential amino acids are not met.
MetAAtein, a Perdue Agribusiness product we carry, provides a consistent and reliable level of metabolizable methionine, lysine, and essential amino acids. This product ensures its consistency by careful selection of raw ingredients aided by a rigorous analytical database that Perdue AgriBusiness has assembled. MetAAtein is also treated to minimize dust and eliminate any potential for Salmonella contamination. .
A few benefits of MetAAtein are:
• A consistent nutritional analysis load after load
• Flavor and dust suppressant added to increase palatability and ease of handling in mill situations
• Very competitively priced when compared to commodity blood meal
• Available in bulk, bags, and totes
• Salmonella prevention treatment applied during manufacturing
• Technical support available through Perdue AgriBusiness